SUSPENDED SALT SCRUB
½ cup Epsom Salt
½ cup liquid soap
¾ cup olive or sweet almond oil
1.2 ounces of melt and pour soap
1 teaspoon of fragrance or 25 drops of essential oil
- Blend the Epsom salt in a coffee grinder until fine.
- Mix the liquid soap and the melt and pour soap together and heat until melted. Works best in a double boiler or can be melted in the microwave if monitored closely.
- When melted, pour in your olive or sweet almond oil (you can substitute other oils you prefer) and blend well with an emulsion blender (stick blender).
- Add fragrance or essential oils and blend again.
- By hand, mix in the pulverized Epsom salt and stir well.
Once the mixture sets up completely, the salt should remain suspended throughout the scrub and not separate. Use as an exfoliating body scrub.