Kananga water is a fragrant, alcohol-based perfume used in Santeria, Hoodoo and other magickal practices. Frequently incorporated into rituals of purification and in memorializing departed ancestors, this cologne is very popular among people of African descent in the United States and the Caribbean. It is similar to Florida Water, in that it is known for its cleansing and protective effects. based on a foundation of the essential oil of Ylang Ylang (also known as Cananga odorata).
Kananga water is widely used in purifying ceremonies and in remembering deceased ancestors by people of African heritage in the Caribbean and the United States. It has a reputation for being purifying and protecting, much like Florida Water.
The British originally built kananga plantations in Jamaica in the 19th century. The ylang ylang flower serves as the main ingredient in the spiritual water, which has a powerful, sweet smell. The golden orange flower petals are what give the water its orange hue. The powerful scent is appropriate for both genders and has many applications.
Uses of Kananga Water in Spirituality
– frequently used for ritual offerings and purification.
– Put a bowl of Kananga Water on your altar as an offering while you’re asking the ancestors for advice.
– In order to get a clear reading, it will aid in clearing away bad energy and interference.
– Pour a few drops of Kananga Water into a spiritual bath to promote guidance and protection.
– Add to a spray bottle after blending with ice-cold water. Place the mixture in the refrigerator to chill. On warm days, spray a cloth with the spray, then put the cloth over your neck.
– To entice prosperity into your home, hang a horseshoe over the entrance and sprinkle Kananga Water over it.