- This event has passed.
Soap Making 101 Class
September 26, 2015 @ 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm$60.00
COLD PROCESS SOAP MAKING CLASS
Cold Process soap making 101. The class will cover the following as Greg demonstrates how to make TWO 12-pound batches of soap (about 36-45 bars each) using the cold process method. First batch will be a solid colored batch. The second batch will be on how to swirl colors in soap.
• Brief history and basic chemistry of soap making
• Necessary materials, supplies and equipment
• Safety considerations when working with sodium hydroxide
• Taking accurate measurements & proper mixing temperatures
• Coloring soap naturally with herbs, spices & clays
• Using pure essential oils to scent your soap naturally
• Preparing your molds and molding options
• Insulating, cutting, curing and storing your finished soap
Due to the nature of making soap from scratch, this class is mainly demonstration style.
NOTE: This is an age 18+ class since making soap from scratch involves working with lye (aka sodium hydroxide).
includes copy of Greg’s book MAKING SOAP FROM SCRATCH and 2 bars of soap (your choice.) Limit of 10 students. This class requires pre-registration and payment to hold your place.