Florida Water is already used in Hoodoo and some folk magical paths as a counterpart for holy water. So, by nature, it is already protective. Here we’re going to add additional ingredients and perform a little magical work to create a Florida Water protection bottle spell. Protection magic is one of the oldest and most often asked about types of magical spellwork. Protection spells has been recorded all the way back to the ancient Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians, and is found in magical belief systems from all over the world.
- Take a bottle of Florida water and remove the label.
- Now, cut out a piece of paper about the same size as the original label and write on it the beginning of Psalm 31:
I come to you, Lord, for protection; never let me be defeated. You are a righteous God; save me, I pray! Hear me! Save me now! Be my refuge to protect me; my defense to save me. You are my refuge and defense; guide me and lead me as you have promised. Keep me safe from the trap that has been set for me; shelter me from danger. I place myself in your care.
- Write your name and the names of all who live in your household between the lines of the psalm. Wrap the new label around the bottle facing inward. You can tape it to the bottle with clearing packing tape.
Ingredients you’ll need for the Florida Water Protection spell. Use a pinch each. Inside the Florida water bottle you’re going to add:
- Angelica root (to receive blessings)
- Blue cornflowers or lavender buds (for peace in the home)
- Plantain (to prevent theft)
- Pinch epsom salt (to reverse any evil)
- 3 straws from your broom (to keep away unwanted visitors)
- Piece of tourmaline (grounding, but also thwarts complaining neighbors)
Take 3 white chime candles and anoint with House Blessing oil. Burn one candle beside the bottle, every day for 3 days. Place a good loaf of bread on the other side of the bottle. Shake the bottle every day.
When finished, use the Florida water to anoint your doorways, welcome mat, front porch, your mailbox. Pinch up the loaf of bread and spread in your yard so that the birds can carry your blessings and protection up into the trees and throughout your neighborhood. – Papa Gee